Sunday, June 10, 2012

Feeling Mutual on a Sunday Night


Evening has rolled in with all of its contentment and restful Sunday bliss.  Improving upon this silence takes effort.  After being prodded by an occasional reader, I just wanted to say that I am not as absent as my blog appears.  Part of my problem is that if I can't say it better than I did the first time... I'm OK saying nothing at all.

BUT, I do have tales in the hopper and trips planned which brim with promise.  As soon as I get some closure, I will have volumes to say about a scrape with Wyoming's own Wyatt Earp after being accomplice to a horse rescue on our last Windrivers pack trip.  I find good story in the experience with political implications about how the mis-application of law contributes to bad citizenship.  I'm pretty sure I'll be naming names...

My tolerant wife is committed to joining me and a couple of the kids for our annual pack trip in July--this time in the Uinta Wilderness.  I've spent enough tourist money in Wyoming for a while--both voluntarily and involuntarily.  Plus, I miss the  rich meadows at the foot of those bally peaks.  So, Longears and Sourdough lives, quietly, contentedly, on a Sunday night.




3 comments:

Angela DiGiovanni | life * poetry * art said...

Hi, I found your blog because I was doing some research on Mona, UT and yours came up! I'm so happy, I love it. You are a fantastic writer. I love your use of words and wit. And, of course, I love your horses. This video is so sweet. I'm 36 and I'm picking up my very first horse tomorrow. Over the moon...

DrGooch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DrGooch said...

Thank you! Glad you stopped by, and hoping you get many happy hours in the saddle.

You have a great blog, by the way.